Monday, January 26, 2009

Update: Marathon Training

Our training for the Seoul International Marathon has been inconsistent but injury-free (knock on wood).

Yesterday, Judy and I ran for two hours, which was nice because up to this point, I have never ran for longer than an hour and a half. The two hour run was also made easier by the snow on the ground. But towards the latter half of the run, we were running on slush, which sucked because it was so slippery.

I also got a new pair of running shoes with Judy that evening. We trekked our way to Lotte Mart and had some fun with the Laneige counter and some blankets that we never purchased. Judy says she always runs in Asics, so I got the same pair that she has but in pink. I couldn't wear them for my long run, but cross-training, here I come!









I'm learning to be more consistent with my runs and to eat more healthfully...drinking lots of water. As such, my lifestyle here in Anyang is changing...I think I go to bed earlier and I am making decisions that are healthy for my training. I'm thinking about the finish line more than the temporary high of going out and spending it with other people. It's hard to make this trade-off because these people aren't always going to be around...but really, I would appreciate the marathon goal more. I'd like to think if they were really good friends, they would still be there after all the training.

But yeah *sigh* we ran a half marathon this weekend! *FIGHTING*

Next weekend, we're gonna run for two and a half hours. *ADD GAS!* hahaha

Hope you all have a wonderful Lunar New Year! Happy Chinese New Year :)

H.

1 comment:

Marcie Jo said...

Randomness -

Caught the tail end of a fascinating-looking Korean movie this weekend that I think we must find and watch at some point in the relatively new future. Curious? There's a short wikipedia article on it.

미스터 로빈 꼬시기
Also known as
"Seducing Mr. Perfect"
OR
"Seducing Mr. Robin"