Friday, March 13, 2009

Marathon Countdown...

...is more tiring than completing the marathon itself. Since our four hour run ended, I've been really eager to get it done and over with and start something else.

I think once I have my first race time, then eventually it will get more exciting 'cause then I'll have something to compare my new race times with. Like RW says...you either go faster or longer. So we'll see how fast/long I can go. This is also why the North Pole Marathon was cool. I mean what's more challenging than running 26.2 miles in the freezing cold!? That's amazing! I can visit the Arctic, climb glaciers AND visit Santa ALL AT THE SAME TIME! Who wouldn't do that!? haha

Well, it turns out that running the NPM is actually extremely expensive. We are talking about a-down-payment-for-a-house expensive. So yeah...not meeting Santa until I marry a rich man who will finance my adrenaline addiction. This also mean I will not be running the Anaractic Marathon because it costs twenty grand in Euros. That's equivalent to a small shack in Canada. I think I would rather have the shack.

So that's what it is now...now that I'm almost finished living out my five year plan, another five will need to be planned. And because I'm sticking with the promise that I made earlier on in the year about not planning during my goal-ed year...I am only thinking about buying my house.

So who's willing to sell low?


When I finish the marathon on Sunday, I hope to be in decent enough shape to remember all the details. A&H will be there to cheer us on and take photos. Sunday should be very interesting...

Stay tuned...

H.

2 comments:

yawnimals said...

buying a house where? in koreaaaa???

Ms. Luk is... said...

No...I'll probably buy one in Canada. But I do wish that I could afford one here.