Monday, December 29, 2008

Coffee Prince

Since I've been here, I am catching up on some of my old hobbies...eating non-stop and walking it off down at the gym on the fifth floor...sitting...and sitting until the wee hours watching Korean romantic comedy/dramas. This holiday has been all about the Coffee Prince.



As I watch, I am amazed by how much more I understand the Korean culture. I am really proud of how I have adapted and will most likely continue to love that place. Even though I complain about lack of a lot of what I'm used to...knowing that I am learning and acquiring new life experiences is helping me cope with the fact that professionally, nothing new is happening.

I think I am doing a great job developing that personal growth part of my year...just like Karen says it's important to do--have a professional and personal goal as each new school year approaches.

Personally, I think it's pretty clear. Professionally, I've learned that education is not a business. Enough said.

Anyhoo, back to Coffee Prince...Korean romantic comedies are always hilarious...but it's even more hilarious when you understand what they do and why they do the things that they do. Even all the product placements are friendly reminders of my temporary home. And even though the storylines can be somewhat repetitive with gender roles and class divides...the story reminds truthful to life and romance in Korea. I definitely think you should buy this one Marcie! Check it out with your friend...you two will stay up to watch this for sure...
Until next time...

No comments: