Sunday, August 17, 2008

So yeah...

...keeping an updated blog is much harder than I thought...The only thing I will say about the tardy entries is that in Korea, I am spending more time living and socializing than I did in Toronto, which is quite nice. I am learning to be more balanced in work and play and learning to be less of a workaholic.

Anyhoo.


Since my last entry, there have been many new ventures to new part of Seoul. I should really post them right now because if I put it off any longer, it will not make it.

I don't have the pictures from my birthday party...so I will upload those later...but here are some photos from the best part of my day. To my surprise, they are with the preschoolers!

My new kids (from back to front): Shina, Alfred (with the bowl cut), Daniel, Louie (in his favourite referee shirt), Sunny and Thomas with the peace signs around his eyes

Daniel and Louie


SUNNY: you know how kids run up to you with their arms wide open?
Sunny does this while calling, "HEIDIII TEEEEACHAAAA!!!" and jumps into my arms.
You can't help but love love love him.

Another reason why I love Sunny is because he remembered my birthday...
We did the date routine and he had said, "Your birthday is in four days!"
I was thoroughly impressed by his memory and number sense.

I lobe you, Sunny!

When I first saw this birthday party setup, the first thing that ran through my mind was that I ALSO HAD THIS IN HONG KONG!!!
The only thing that was different was that I did not recall getting a candy necklace to put around my neck.


Olivia, Emily and Jason blow out their candles.
I now understand why mums are so obsessed with their children's birthday photos.


Our class sang three songs--one for each birthday girl/boy.
We sang, "Oobie Oobie, Follow Me and ride ride the bus"


Heidi Teacher with her Penguins


My birthday girls!
I was very proud of Emily...she wore high heels with dignity and did not complain once

Jason: He is one of the smartest boys in the Penguins class.
He is also one of the nicest as he let Emily have the red necklace. I told him that the green matched the green polo design on his otherwise orange shirt...he is a sweetie pie.



Alfred and Sunny ignores me as they watch the birthday party video online.
They love Tom and Jerry...

Daniel: He says, "Fire extinguisher" like a pro.


Louie and Shina enjoy their birthday party snacks.
Louie has a stack of Pringles in his left hand and tried to grab more with the other...all preschoolers love to hog. It doesn't matter where you go haha



More photos of my weekend to Mokpo and Jindo will be posted soon. My camera ran out of batteries and our photos are on different cameras...gotta track down people and post soon.

More comments on my work/school schedule shall follow...stay tuned :)

1 comment:

Mr. Alam said...

Room 203?? I'm in room 204 here in Thailand! Yeah stupid random comment, I know.

Happy belated bornday Booser.

Good on you for the reduction of workaholicness. Work hard, play harder!